Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Gwanda - The Beginning

I've spent the last couple of months largely goofing off and really enjoying all the expansions. That is, until I saw what Sandy from Around the Sims made the other day.

 Click here to visit Around the Sims 3!

She's taken a lot of the pieces from the Sims 4 Jungle Ruins and converted them to the Sims 3.

Now, I generally don't care much for being in the jungle. It reminds me of places I've visited in games that were icky and brownish in color.

an image of Fens of Nathsar (EverQuest II)
Fens of Nathsar (EverQuest II)

an image of Shadowfen (Elder Scrolls Online)
Shadowfen (Elder Scrolls Online)

However, these new objects by Sandy remind me strongly of the Art History classes I've taken on the Mexica people and Aztec art. I don't consider myself an authority on the subject, but I do know a thing or two!

Image result for aztec ruins fantasy
So, without further ado, here is my work in progress Sims 3 World! You may recognize the name of the world, Gwanda from the game. "Ah, gwanda blitz!" or "Ah, great idea!"

I hope to add elements from the Mexica people's culture in way that brings awareness to their history and will hopefully inspire others to do some research on their own.

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-americas/early-cultures/aztec-mexica/a/introduction-to-the-aztecs-mexica

Give our tester Sim, Chase Carver, a round of applause please! He's still trying to make up for being so rude to Lady Croft...
https://tombraider.fandom.com/wiki/Chase_Carver


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

Please see the other blog,  http://xginkrsims.blogspot.com/ , if you're looking for updates.